PayPal is the biggest channel for paying and receiving money when you work online, it can be used to collect payments with Payoneer. Some of the amateur freelancers are usually very frustrated when they find that PayPal does not work with their local banks and therefore their funds are locked in, or they pay very expensive 3rd party services to access their money. Due to this, the freelancers lose out on a number of projects that could scale their freelancing career to a new height. But do not let a small thing as this, bog you down.

It is more than two years in which PayPal extends its service to Nigeria and 9 other countries. But I don’t know the reason why PayPal not yet remove the restrictions on other features, especially the ability to receive fund/payment i.e Nigeria PayPal cannot receive fund/payment.

Nigerians and other non-supported countries still looking for the option of opening other countries’ PayPal account, especially that of the USA which is the best of all. Many Nigerians have been opening the USA PayPal account, although some got it right while some got it wrong and get banned in the end.

There are lots of information on the internet on how to open and verify a USA PayPal account, but most of them are either outdated or useless. In respect to this, I’ve decided to come up with this latest information on how to open a PayPal account outside of giving countries and how to verify PayPal account all over the world, this method work for all countries.

Needed Materials

1. A valid new email address
  2. An active Payoneer US virtual Bank Account
  3. USA Citizen Profile
  4. A VPN (Any VPN with a steady US IP address will do)

Before we start, hope you have got a Payoneer account else visit Payoneer.com and create your Payoneer account. You will be given US Payment Service Information such as Bank Name, Routing Number, Account Number, and Account Type. Payoneer comes as an angel in disguise to help you receive money from any part of the globe when other techniques fail. And guess what, you don’t have to pay a single extra penny for that.

Affiliate Bonus: Sign Up for Payoneer Click here to earn $25.

If you Sign UP for Payoneer through an affiliate, you will get a $25 bonus, and someone who referred you will get the same bonus. However, you will only get this amount after you get the first payment of $100 through the card.

Recommended: How To Get Payoneer MasterCard in Nigeria For Free

Now, go to fakenamegenerator.com and Sign in using your Google+ account. Click on the Gender and select your gender (Male or Female), leave Name set to ‘American’ and Country to the United States, and click on the ‘Generate’ button to generate a US citizen profile.

When the US citizen profile has been generated, click on ‘Save this name’ to save the profile with your Google account so you can provide the same profile if ever PayPal requires it in the future.

Then write down the Address, Zip code, Phone Number, and SSN from the generated profile. The name won’t be needed, since you will be opening the account with your own name.

Now you need to create a special Gmail account or Yahoo as the case may be. Be careful, don’t ever use this special email for any other thing online just for PayPal only be warned.

Make sure your VPN is up and running, I normally use premium ExpressVPN though, and ensure to use ONLY USA server address. You can use ip2location.com to confirm your IP location.

Now, visit Paypal.com and click on the Sign-Up link and create an account there. Fill in your detail, space for email (write the special email you just opened), and don’t forget to choose the United State as your Country or region. Fill the rest of the form and ensure to use the same names you used on your Payoneer account on PayPal as well.

Use the address, phone number, and Zipcode you got from the generated profile. On completion, a verification link will be emailed to you. Click on the ‘Yes, this is my email’ button on the email sent to you to begin the activation of your PayPal account.

A verified PayPal account provides comfort and a token of credibility to your employer who is going to pay you in the near future. There are two ways through which you can link and verify your PayPal account with Payoneer and they are:

• By adding your card to PayPal; and
  • By adding the Bank account number and routing number is given to you by Payoneer to PayPal.

Verifying your PayPal with Payoneer Bank account number will give you access to transfer money from PayPal to Payoneer and withdraw your money without any much stress.

How to Link Card to PayPal Account

1. Make sure that you have some funds in your Card, at least $2

2. Go to your PayPal account and then to the account profile

3. From the drop-down menu, choose Link a card

4. Type the sixteen digits of your card numbers

5. Enter the expiry date of the card in the next text box

6. Type your CVV (CSC) number. This 3-digit number on the back of your card

7. You should see your billing address there automatically and if not, enter it.

8. Click Save and you are done.

9. Once the card connected, your PayPal will be verified with 60% and you can start using it to receive and make payments online.

Adding Bank Account Number and Routing Number Given to You by Payoneer

This is another way of verifying and linking your Payoneer account with PayPal. This works even when you do not have any money on your card. To verify and Link your Payoneer account with PayPal, follow the instruction below:

1. Login to your U.S PayPal account

2. Drag the pointer to the right hand of your homepage or dashboard and hover it on “profile” or on Confirm your account as it may appear.

3. Select Link a card

4. Then, select Bank of America

5. Scroll down and click on ‘Enter account number manually instead‘.

6. Select Checking as your account type

7. Enter the Bank details that you had received from Payoneer US Payment Service, like Account number and Routing number. (You can also get this info by login to your Payoneer account, from the home page, click ‘Global Payment Service‘. You will see the needed detail there).

8. Then click on the ‘Agree and Link‘ button. This will take 2-3 business days to get processed.

9. Small cents will be sent into your Payoneer account by PayPal

10. You are expected to log in to your PayPal and enter the cents in the correct spaces provided to you by PayPal.

Once you are able to do this correctly, your Payoneer account becomes linked and verified with PayPal! Now, you will be able to transfer the money paid into your PayPal to the US bank, which you added and you can withdraw it in your local bank through your Card.

Warnings: Always ensure to use a US IP address while accessing your US PayPal account.

Dedicate one browser for this alone, otherwise clear your browser cache and cookies always before login to your US PayPal Account. I’m using UC Browser for my Payoneer and PayPal alone.

• Benny Mark, December 2, 2016 @ 10:55 am Reply

yes you can. You do not have to worry because the Payoneer detail allocated to you is for a US bank account, so paypal cannot see anything Nigerian about it

• Benny Mark, December 2, 2016 @ 10:57 am Reply

As at when the post was written, Bank of America accounts was what Payoneer was issuing, so if you are doing the procedure and Payoneer allocates a different bank to you, please use the new bank name allocated and not Bank of America

• Benny Mark, December 2, 2016 @ 10:59 am Reply

No it is not necessary

However, when you start experiencing problems with your Paypal account especially due to the fact you are using a VPN service (that provides dynamic IP addresses instead of Static IP addresses) Paypal will require you to verify your account b4 logging in, and this verification requires calling your number (US) to give you a code that you will input before you can log in

• Otaru, December 27, 2016 @ 10:21 am Reply

This steps are very well explained, if you follow it as instructed you will not run into problems, I have started opening my USA paypal account before i came across this post.

I use a static vpn called Hotspot shield, i am using the premium version and i have earned over 500$ this month alone using This VPN in so may other sites banning Nigerian from using their sites.

So please I advise every one having problems to please read the post again because this guy to me gave 99% details and if you follow you will not have problems.

I also agree its time we form a strong a powerful group so we can give paypal request to remove the restriction from Nigerian users, because is bad yo allow us spend from Nigeria and the same system disallow us to bring in money in.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

• Shelaf, December 27, 2016 @ 9:04 pm Reply

God bless you more bros, and thanks for your wonderful contribution.

• Anonymous, December 28, 2016 @ 11:31 pm Reply

procedures followed and now i have a verified us paypal account
    kudos to the op for this great article, more grace.

• Anonymous, December 30, 2016 @ 6:07 pm Reply

SIR THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS GREAT ARTICLE,YOUR PROCEDURES HELP ME GET A VERIEFIED US PAYPAL ACCOUNT,I SIGNED UP FOR A PAYONEER MASTER CARD AND I SHOULD BE RECEIVING IT DURING JANUARY 27. BUT I HAVE A QUESTION NOW,i saw something like this in the payonner global payment service option and this what i saw!
    Please Note!
    1.Only ACH (US local bank) transfers in USD can be accepted
    2.Transfers must be made from a company account
    3.Transfers from individuals will be automatically rejected
    4.Wire transfers are not supported
    5.Transfers made from a company account owned by you cannot be accepted
    The second part that says that transfers must be made a company account ? i dont get it but will they allow me to but down my paypal money to my payoneer virtual US bank account ??
    The same question for number five,so what can i do it seems that there is no possibility for me to withdraw my paypal account earnings to my payonner ? please help

• Unknown, January 4, 2017 @ 10:22 pm Reply

Sorry to hear, but I am in the process of getting to link my paypal to payoneer, and one thing to be sure is that you only access the accounts from a US IP address.(learn more about VPN)

• Luke Lonergan, February 7, 2017 @ 3:18 pm Reply

Great Article, Keep Posting ! Thanks

• NnamdiOkore, March 11, 2017 @ 11:13 pm Reply

Hi Shelaf. I love this article. A real eye opener. I was not able to link my payoneer to my paypal, it's saying we are unable to process your process your request at this time, pls try again. i am confused.

• Anonymous, March 16, 2017 @ 10:54 am Reply

pls i want to comfirm somtin…hop i can only provide d foreign paypal mail to online jobs or app dat want to pay me tru paypal?…or i will need to create a nigeria paypal acct den if paid tru it..i can den transfer it to my usa paypal acct?…nd also is it good to us paypal app with d usa paypal acct den power it up with hotspot shield?..pls i need help sirs tnks

• Anonymous, March 16, 2017 @ 11:33 am Reply

pls can i use my usa paypal on acct on any site dat request to pay tru paypal online?…asin providing my usa paypal email or must i use my nigeria paypal email den wen get paid i can transfer it to my usa paypal email?…also pls can i use my usa my usa paypal acct on paypal app with hotspot shield apart from uc browser?…pls rply sir

• Unknown, April 2, 2017 @ 10:20 am Reply

Thanks for this I really appreciate it. I have received my payoneer card and I have used it to verify my PayPal account. But 2 or 3days later the payoneer was removed by PayPal. Because they said they wanted to take back the money they sent into my payoneer for verification but payoneer didn’t let them take it back!!.. Please is there a way around this. Cos I have read people complaining online of this same issue.. After verifying, paypal will later remove your bank.

• Unknown, May 5, 2017 @ 5:23 pm Reply

Pls how do I add the cent to PayPal from payoneer, I search but didn't find.

• Anonymous, May 12, 2017 @ 9:55 pm Reply

PayPal has blocked payoneer accounts…. It was fun while it lasted though, Thanks SHELAF

• Anonymous, June 20, 2017 @ 4:08 pm Reply

I have read so many articles or reviews concerning the blogger lovers but this post is actually a
    good piece of writing, keep it up.

• Anonymous, April 26, 2019 @ 10:10 am Reply

Please, is this method still working or it has been blocked.

• Shelaf, April 29, 2019 @ 8:07 am Reply

Yeah, still working.

• Jamiu Akinyemi, May 12, 2020 @ 10:39 am Reply

My PayPal account is requesting for phone verification b4 log in. Please help

• Heyjay4lorlar, July 17, 2020 @ 10:04 am Reply

Please does this method still work for now. I have gotten another method used to open one PayPal but could not verify it till bcuz of the issue of credit card and phone number