Infinix Hot 4 X557 is abeautiful smartphone, newly released Android device by Infinixmobility that runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow Chameleon XOS. The Infinix X557 (Hot 4) comes with premium features such as Fingerprint Senor and the amazing Battery Life,powered by 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex-A7 processor type, Mediatek MT6580 chipset coupled with 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage plus micros SD Card support, and lots more. I know you will like to root your Hot 4, probably because you want to explore more, but the last OS, Android M is verystubborn when it comes to rooting, because the popular and easiest apps such as Kingroot, Vroot, Framaroot, Tecnoroot, Rootgenius etc., not working for it. The below tutorial will guide the Infinix X557 users to install TWRP Recovery and Root their Smartphone.

Important Notice After rooting your phone, it’s advisable to unroot before performing an OTA update or restoring factoring settings. We have a comprehensive guide on that here. Materials Needed For Rooting » USB Cable – for communication within the smartphone and PC. » SP Flash Tool – Download it Here » VCOM Drivers – Downloading link and installation instruction, check here » TWRP Recovery Image for Infinix Hot 4 – Download it Here » SuperSU-v2.76.zip – Download it Here

How to Install TWRP Recovery and Rooot Infinix Hot 4 X557

» Save the SuperSU 2.76.zip that you downloaded to your phone’s SD card» Unzip the TWRP zip file that you downloaded and flash the recovery image to the phone using SP Flash Tool How Can I Flash it Using SP Flashtool? Check out this link for the instruction: www.shelaf.com/2015/09/how-to-flash… » Now, boot your phone into TWRP Recovery Mode (by Holding the Vol Up and Power button simultaneously for 5 seconds) » In TWRP, if you get a prompt asking you to swipe to allow modification of the System partition, tap Keep Read Only » If TWRP offers to root the phone, select NO » In TWRP recovery, tap Install » Navigate to the location of the SuperSU 2.76.zip and select it » Swipe to confirm flashing of SuperSU.zip and wait till flashing is complete  » After a successful flashing go back and reboot. It is simple as that.You may download Root Checker from Play Store to verify your root privileges. After downloading, simply Install Root Checker, run it and you should get a success message after then.

• ojo promise, September 10, 2016 @ 2:24 pm Reply

nice one

• Unknown, September 11, 2016 @ 12:21 pm Reply

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Unknown, September 11, 2016 @ 1:04 pm Reply

This comment has been removed by the author.

• Unknown, September 15, 2016 @ 5:33 pm Reply

These china phone manufacturers are playing with us imagine the 2gb ram and 16gb rom this is utterly useless while other phone makers have moved to 3-4gb ram and 64-128romfor 2016, and they have the balls to produce this piece of crap for Africans at a ridiculous price

• Unknown, October 6, 2016 @ 1:43 pm Reply

Finally my infinix hot 4 have been rooted thanks to this guide

• Anonymous, October 7, 2016 @ 7:25 pm Reply

Enter your comment…am trying to Change Imei on hot 4 must I Root first cos I can't see CDs information on my mtk engineering

• Unknown, December 21, 2016 @ 9:32 am Reply

Helo shelaf. I hv used sp flash tool to flash d recovery img to my phone, ND it showed successful but I still can't boot into recovery mode… .i Hv tried several times. I tried up volume button and power button. ND after a while it shows no command!!! I don't knw wat o did wrong… Pls help

• Unknown, December 26, 2016 @ 5:32 am Reply

Tanks I hv successfully rooted my phone thanks 2 dis post… Note 2 all trying 2 root hot 4. After flashing twrp recovery, which is d most straight forward step here. Don't switch on ur phone! Dat was y I cud nt boot into recovery mode earlier, d procedure is: press d up volume button and d power button until Infinix shows! After dat u quickly tap both d up volume button and d power button simultaneously.. ..tap until twrp recovery shows, then follow d oder steps above. …thanks.. And by d way u can't change Imei without rooting ur Infinix hot 4.

• Blessing, January 10, 2017 @ 7:58 am Reply

This is for this tutorial it helped me root my device

• Anonymous, January 11, 2017 @ 12:09 pm Reply

Phone won't boot again. I had to loose and disconnect the battery. Later flash it but won't still boot to recovery. It said no command with an chameleon logo up

• Unknown, April 9, 2017 @ 8:33 pm Reply

Good one nice thought

• Unknown, May 22, 2017 @ 9:29 am Reply

Shelaf how about the Hot 4 Lite? How can I root it?

• Unknown, July 15, 2017 @ 1:29 am Reply

pls help me. i succesfully flash twrp but when i cant go to recovery just in normal recovery mode only.