As we know, updates make the phone more unique, more interesting, and fixed some issues, reducing the risk of viruses and malware. The users of Tecno Camon CX are always holding aces. Not too long, they received an update that fixed some bugs. Over again, Tecno Mobile has decided to push yet another OTA update that comes with new features which include the ability to allow you move apps to SDcard without rooting.
Below are the added functions this update brings along.
- Updated GPRS parameters,
- Updated Google security patch,
- Updated Hi manager to Phone Manager (takes effect after restoring factory settings),
- Updated the function to move apps to SD card,
- Added friendly prompts when camera temperature is too high
- Merged low-memory storage optimization scheme to improve usage experience when in low memory
- Merged performance/power consumption optimization scheme to improve usage experience
- Merged multi-frame noise reduction scheme to improve success rate of night shot
- Merged debugging parameters to optimize photo effects
- Fixed the issue where system did not respond/restarted during the internal reliability/stability pressure test
- Fixed the issue where notifications in status bar could not be cleared
- Fixed the issue where the fingerprint failed to unlock with probability
- Fixed the issue where Google Play did not respond with probability
- Fixed the issue where the system reported errors when setting downloaded pictures as contacts’ photo
The new software update is available via OTA (Over The Air), and it weighs in at around 441.58MB. You probably need to connect to a fast Wi-Fi network or subscribe for at least a 500MB data plan to the download, make sure your phone is not rooted and also charge your battery to at least 70% before proceeding with the software update.
Once the above requirements are met, go ahead with the below procedures.
- Go to your phone “settings”
- Scroll down to “about phone”
- Click on it and tap “system update”
- You should see the new update, then select the download and install.
Relax and wait for the new update to fully install. After successful installation, your phone will be rebooted and you can theninsert an SD card to move your apps to SD card. Enjoy the update!