The federal government has launched the job application portal for the Nigeria Jubilee fellow program, which is a post–NYSC work placement program for Nigerians.
The site opened to prospective candidates on Monday, and the procedure will last six weeks, “between September 6 and October 20, 2021.”
Last Tuesday, President Muhammadu Buhari inaugurated the initiative.
The fellowship is a cooperation project for youth empowerment between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
The program aims to match bright graduates with local work opportunities that utilize their expertise, while also providing them with world-class practical knowledge and applicable skills.
The beneficiaries will maximize their possibilities, “The program is projected to create new opportunities for 20,000 graduates each year, while the beneficiaries will maximize their prospects,” Buhari said.
- To be an eligible fellow, the applicant must be a Nigerian citizen and a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduate no earlier than 2017.
- Applicants must graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above and must be at most 30 years old.
- Applicants must not be currently engaged in any employment and would have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or have a certificate of exemption.
- Applicants must demonstrate interest/commitment in the chosen career field and also demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- They must also have excellent time management and a professional attitude and have good verbal and written communication skills.
How to Register
To initiate the application process, go to https://www.njfp.ng/apply