The Galaxy Unpacked event, hosted by the South Korean giant Samsung, took place today, with the formal launch of the new smartphones. One of them is the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3 foldable smartphone, which is more productive than the previous model and features an upgraded camera block and exterior screen design.
The phone has a 6.7-inch display with a resolution of 2640 x 1080 pixels (FHD Plus) and a refresh rate of 120 Hz. A unique Corning Gorilla glassVictus protects the screen from mechanical harm. An extra Super AMOLED display with a size of 1.9 inches and a resolution of 260 512 pixels is located on the outside of the casing.
A dual camera is mounted on the rear of the casing, consisting of a 12-megapixel ultra-wide-angle module and a 12-megapixel wide-angle module. The 10MP front-facing camera is housed in a tiny hole at the top of the main display.
Specifications for the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 CPU, which has eight processing cores and a clock speed of up to 2.84 GHz, is responsible for the Galaxy Z Flip 3’s performance. Graphics processing is handled by an Adreno 660 accelerator. The phone is compatible with fifth-generation (5G) wireless networks. Data transmission speeds of up to 7.5 Mbps are possible thanks to the built-in Snapdragon X60 5G modem. In addition, we have 8 GB of LPDDR5 RAM. The smartphone will be available in 128 and 256 GB capacities with a UFS 3.1 format disk.
The smartphone comes with a side fingerprint scanner, NFC module, and Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.0 adapters, according to the maker. The autonomy is provided by a 3300 mAh battery that supports 15 W cable charging, 10 W wireless charging, and 4.5 W reverse wireless charging. A USB Type-C link is available to recharge the battery.
Samsung emphasizes the new product’s enhanced durability. The Flip 3 features a strengthened aluminum frame and is waterproof to IPX8. In addition, the design has a new protective layer and an enhanced glass framework for the primary screen.
The Galaxy Z Flip 3 measures 166 x 72.2 x 6.9 mm and weighs 183 grams. With the current version of One UI, Android 11 is in yse as the software platform.
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G – Specs Summary
- Display: 6.7-inch FULL HD+ (2640 x 1080 pixels) 22:9 Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity Flex display with 120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 425ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, external/ cover 1.9-inch (260 x 512 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 302ppi
- SoC: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5nm Mobile Platform
- RAM/ROM: 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- SIM: One eSIM and one Nano SIM
- Software: Android 11 with One UI 3.1
- Rear camera: 12MP (primary wide-angle) Super Speed dual pixel f/1.8 1.4μm Pixel Size + 12MP (ultra-wide) f/2.2 1.22μm Pixel Size; LED flash, HDR10+, OIS, Up to 8x digital zoom; Video: Up to 4K 60fps
- Front camera: 10MP with f/2.4 aperture
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA sub6 / mmWave, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz).
- Bluetooth 5.1 LE , ANT+, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS
- Audio: USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: Folded: 72.2×86.4×15.9~17.1mm,Unfolded: 166×72.2×6.9mm; Weight: 183 grams
- Battery: 3300mAh (Typical) battery with 15w fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging, 4.5W reverse wireless charging
Price and Availability of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G
The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3 5G is available in Cream, Green, Lavender, and Phantom Black.
- $999.99 for the 8GB + 128GB variant.
$1099.99 for an 8GB + 256GB variant
Gray, White, and Pink hues are also available for orders placed on Samsung.com. It is currently available for pre-order and will be released on August 27 worldwide.